Re: I think that relational DBs are dead. See link to my article inside

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2006 14:04:44 -0700

> I sincerely doubt there is anything you can do in a network model DB that cannot be done at least as well in a Relational model DB. Give just ONE example.

This probably doesn't qualify, but I would like to see an equivalent RMDB implementation (and also how resilient it is to handling additional data that is unknown during initial db design) for the example posted at www.dbfordummies.com/example/ex007.asp This example creates two hierarchies with john and mary. In the first hierarchy, john and mary are children of adam and eve who are children of god. In the second hierarchy, john and mary are part of mars and venus respectively which are part of the universe..

Example queries:
Find eve's children.
Find john's parents.
Find adam's children that are part of mars. Find eve's children that are part of a planet. Find god's grandchildren that are part of a planet. Received on Mon Jul 03 2006 - 23:04:44 CEST

Original text of this message