Re: I think that relational DBs are dead. See link to my article inside

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2006 13:52:05 -0700

> I sincerely doubt there is anything you can do in a network model DB that cannot be done at least as well in a Relational model DB. Give just ONE example.

I am not sure if this would qualify, but I would like to see an equivalent RMDB implementation (and also how resilient it is to handling additional data that is unknown during initial db design) for the example posted at www.dbfordummies.com/example/ex121.asp The example models three persons. Each has different attributes and attributes have different number of values. See script for details.

Example queries:
Find faxes for persons whose height is 60 inch. Find zips for teachers whose weight is 135 lb. Find persons who address's county is willis and region is yokohama. Received on Mon Jul 03 2006 - 22:52:05 CEST

Original text of this message