Re: What databases have taught me

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2006 13:35:45 -0700

Stefan Ram wrote:
> Somebody wrote:
> >LO(...)
>
> This is an inappropriate answer.
True I am sorry about this spontaneous outburst, but I have heard so much mathematical nonsense from some contemptuous idiots around that I can't help laughing sometime. I kind of gave up on bringing constructive answers to some ignorants around. They just lack the cognitive ability to understand simple mathematical concepts. I prefer exposing their ignorance....

> You can derive the meaning of »value« from the notion of
> »equivalence«: Two terms are equivalent, if the have the same
> value. Therefore, a "value" is an equivalence class of terms.

OK that definition will do (I prefer *equal* to *equivalent* though). Thanks for it. What made me laugh is that Keith considers such definition as *meaningless* in pure mathematics...For more info on Keith Duggar go to

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.theory/browse_frm/thread/a32a4f2f9c0ccbaa/05353d54a9cb993d#05353d54a9cb993d Received on Mon Jul 03 2006 - 22:35:45 CEST

Original text of this message