Re: RM's Canonical database

From: AndrewMackDonna <newsamd_at_amc.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:42:46 +0100

Marshall wrote:
> AndrewMackDonna wrote:

>> Marshall wrote:
>>> In other words, this approach doesn't scale.
>> Hmmm.. I'd have to say I disagree, having seen it scale.
>>
>> An example I think.....(off the top of my head)
>>
>> http://www.google.com/apis/

> I was referring specifically to scaling in the size and complexity
> of the development organization, not with the number of
> connected clients. Sorry for the ambiguity.
>

> Marshall

I didn't see any ambiguity, I thought thats what you meant.

I still don't see any either, the sheer size and complexity of those development teams using the Google API should far outnumber the usual number found in medium sized corporates*

Take a look at Google's MAP api - its popularity (and therefore usage) is rocketing.

*(I have no hard data to back this, only assumptions) Received on Mon Jul 03 2006 - 21:42:46 CEST

Original text of this message