Re: OO versus RDB

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 23:18:45 GMT

mAsterdam wrote:
> I don't think I am a language purist, but I share that opinion.
> Now if we would be discussing paradigmatic behaviour:
> Why some OO adepts refuse to discuss other problem-solving
> at all, or why some RM adepts refuse to admit that order
> may have meaning, I'd accept paradigm as a useful concept.

I don't know how to define an 'adept' since AFAIAC the dust hasn't settled yet (although many claim to be adept, don't ask me why), but I would say that among the RM fans I've met, none of them denies that order has meaning, they just deny that one needs a notion of order to understand the RM (or RT, if I may call it that).

p Received on Mon Jul 03 2006 - 01:18:45 CEST

Original text of this message