Re: Bob's 'Self-aggrandizing ignorant' Count

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 11:58:49 +0200

Robert Martin wrote:
> George said:
>

>>> "OO is a computational model and not
>>> a paradigm unless by 'paradigm' one means an example of
>>> a computational model" is an awesome sentence.

> The word "Paradigm" means "Pattern". There is certainly a pattern of
> coding involved with OO.

Well, I suggest one uses 'pattern' or 'model' if just that is what is meant. 'Paradigm' has distinct connotations.

At http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradigm I find

"..., in his book The Structure of Scientific Revolutions Kuhn defines a scientific paradigm as:

Alternatively, the Oxford English Dictionary defines paradigm as "A pattern or model, an exemplar". Thus an additional component of Kuhn's definition of paradigm is:

Thus, within normal science, the paradigm is the set of exemplary experiments that can be copied or emulated. "

--
"The person who says it cannot be done
should not interrupt the person doing it."