Re: Bob's 'Self-aggrandizing ignorant' Count: Was: What databases have taught me

From: Keith H Duggar <duggar_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 29 Jun 2006 19:10:38 -0700

Marshall wrote:
> Bob Badour wrote:
> > I wonder why it pisses you off. Regardless, it shows
> > strength of character to say it in spite of your
> > emotional response.
>
> Oh, I don't know that it's anything more complicated than
> vehemently and publicly disagreeing with someone and
> discovering in the end that they were right and I was
> wrong.

"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road; and do such things as pass under the eaves of houses; but you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things." -- Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Accept that as humans we are inevitably wrong from time to time. It is simply nature. Resolve yourself to this fact and gain peace from the acceptance. Then the rainstorm becomes a refreshing change from the aridity of perfection.