Re: Unpredictable programming

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:07:28 GMT

erk wrote:

> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>

>>[snip]
>>Bob Badour wrote:
>>
>>>P.S. Please, don't think I am trying to discourage you from learning OO.
>>>Learn it. By all means. But learn it as it really is and not as some
>>>sort of mystic rite of passage. It is a computational model. One of
>>>many. Try to be as buzzword proof and as bullshit proof as possible by
>>>learning how to recognize and how to articulate computing concepts with
>>>precision and accuracy.
>>
>>Bob, it's *really* a shame that you waste your time flaming and
>>insulting peoples when you can also write such articulate and mostly
>>sensible stuff. BTW, do I need to add that I globally agree on all you
>>say here (with noted reserves), or was it obvious enough ?

If, by 'globally', Bruno means everything I contribute to c.d.t or c.o, then no, it was not obvious at all. It's still not apparent to me.

>>Damn, I'll have to take back my claims about you being definitiveley
>>dishonest now. Bob, I hate you.

> I'm trying to figure out:
> 1. How you interpret Bob mentioning being "buzzword proof" and
> "bullshit proof" as attacks on people;

I insult people. I insult self-aggrandizing ignorants and the intellectually dishonest all the time.

> 2. How you then make a second dramatic leap, this time into hatred.

Emotions are not rational. Nobody needs to rationalize emotion. Hatred is a very forceful and unstable motivator--most people deny their hatred. Bruno's honesty should be rewarded and reinforced. Received on Thu Jun 29 2006 - 22:07:28 CEST

Original text of this message