Re: sql-99 array type

From: J M Davitt <jdavitt_at_aeneas.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:31:28 GMT

Sandy.Pittendrigh_at_gmail.com wrote:

>>Oracle has had the array data type (as well as nested tables) since
>>version 8.

> Ouch. I might have to start fighting with Oracle again.
> I wonder if there are any development plans for mysql
> and/or postgres, to ever do the same?

Postgres supports arrays as attributes. The syntactic operators are misleading, but they work (sort of) well enough. Real difficulty is encountered when one tries to write pgplsql that operates on such things -- because, as with all products I've had to deal with, there are gaps between the query language and the procedural language. [Big sigh.] Received on Thu Jun 29 2006 - 21:31:28 CEST

Original text of this message