Re: Unpredictable programming

From: Bruno Desthuilliers <onurb_at_xiludom.gro>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:37:02 +0200

erk wrote:

> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>

>>[snip]
>>Bob Badour wrote:
>>
>>>P.S. Please, don't think I am trying to discourage you from learning OO.
>>>Learn it. By all means. But learn it as it really is and not as some
>>>sort of mystic rite of passage. It is a computational model. One of
>>>many. Try to be as buzzword proof and as bullshit proof as possible by
>>>learning how to recognize and how to articulate computing concepts with
>>>precision and accuracy.
>>
>>Bob, it's *really* a shame that you waste your time flaming and
>>insulting peoples when you can also write such articulate and mostly
>>sensible stuff. BTW, do I need to add that I globally agree on all you
>>say here (with noted reserves), or was it obvious enough ?
>>
>>Damn, I'll have to take back my claims about you being definitiveley
>>dishonest now. Bob, I hate you.
>

> I'm trying to figure out:
> 1. How you interpret Bob mentioning being "buzzword proof" and
> "bullshit proof" as attacks on people;

Then you must be having a hard time, since it's not what I'm referring too.

> 2. How you then make a second dramatic leap, this time into hatred.

Being only an ordinary human being (some carbon-based life form, you know...), I don't like having to publicly assume my judgement errors. Nothing to be proud of, but what... The fact that this error may not have happened at first if Bob posted more of this kind of writing and less of it's usual insults-and-flames stuff doesn't help.

Does that help you ?

--
bruno desthuilliers
python -c "print '_at_'.join(['.'.join([w[::-1] for w in p.split('.')]) for