Re: No exceptions?

From: J M Davitt <jdavitt_at_aeneas.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:56:52 GMT

paul c wrote:
> Bob Badour wrote:
>

>> The way to avoid exceptions is to treat them as compile-time errors.

> I take it you really mean "ONE way to avoid exceptions ...". For one
> thing, I am interested in being able to express "x join y" in advance of
> defining a header for "x" (and I would like to evaluate it as well if
> that is logically possible!).

This has me scratching my head. Without a heading, there can be no parameters. Without parameters, there can be no arguments. Without arguments, there can be no quantifiable proposition. Which leads me to, "A relation without a predicate is... What?" I find this especially curious because you mention the Closed World Assumption in the same post. (Don't forget the Excluded Middle!)

So, Paul, what are you trying to explore? Received on Thu Jun 29 2006 - 14:56:52 CDT