Re: Bob's 'Self-aggrandizing ignorant' Count: Was: What databases have taught me

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:26:15 GMT

Marshall wrote:
> Frank Hamersley wrote:

>> Marshall wrote:
>>> I remain deeply ambivalent about Bob's use of insults.
>> So impressed I am not - he is just loud _and_ gutless.  Therefore FWIW
>> be careful of being tarred as a sycophant!

> So now you're implying I'm a sycophant? Do you know what "deeply
> ambivalent" means?

Yep - yet you still professed admiration in the final analysis.

> This is bizarre, the recent spate of people insulting me as a
> Bob-puppet.

Not intended as in insult - just a clinical call.

> I wonder who, over the years, has been the most vocal and
> persistant critic of Bob's style of diction. Because I rather think
> it's me.

Perhaps - I can't judge the veracity of that statement.

Just because he "makes the call" on a few cranks more quickly than most of us, you should simply recognise it as "shoot first policy". This does not make him a hero - rather just as Clint put it "a legend".

Cheers, Frank. Received on Wed Jun 28 2006 - 17:26:15 CDT