Re: What databases have taught me

From: Bruno Desthuilliers <bdesth.quelquechose_at_free.quelquepart.fr>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 05:17:52 +0200

Bob Badour a écrit :
> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:

(snip)
> Your logic is the flawed logic. He did not say 'this language is
> necessarily better than that language because...'. He merely pointed out
> that your argument

Not mine. Should read before you reply...

(snip)

>> So, since it's a person that is
>> doing the job, the purely technical aspect may not be the most
>> important factor in success or failure.

> That in no way affects your failure to prove the impossibility of
> superior or inferior languages.

You fail to prove that I meant to prove such a thing.

> In fact, the introduction of psychology
> only introduces another method by which a language can be universally
> good or universally bad.

Care to explain, or is this just random words ?

>> The truth is that anyone trying to sell you a silver bullet is liar.

> Hear! Hear! That's the first sensible thing you have written here.

No, but you're way too fanatical to notice the rest (would require a much more opened mindset). Now I'm glad you find this sensible, since it also apply to the "SQL DBMS über alles" side... Received on Wed Jun 28 2006 - 05:17:52 CEST

Original text of this message