Re: Just for the record

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 20:59:19 -0700

Bob Badour wrote:
> Gregor Kiczales is a dangerous embecile who took a bad computational
> model and made it much, much worse. Thanks to his blithe and ignorant
> redefinition of very clear and extremely informative terms, the chances
> Dijkstra's posterity will achieve the badly needed maturity for our
> profession that Dijkstra, himself, long pursued are greatly reduced.

Well, I've been trying to figure out what specifically you're referring to, and I'm not having much luck. The author(s) you mention seem to be associated with Aspect Oriented Programming, which, although I have no particular reason to think it worth my attention, nonetheless has not (as far as I know) *redefined* any terms, but rather seems to have made up their own terms. But perhaps terms such as "aspects" and "cross cutting" had an earlier meaning I was not aware of? Or perhaps I'm just missing your direction entirely.

Marshall Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 22:59:19 CDT