Re: What databases have taught me

From: Pickie <keith.johnson_at_datacom.co.nz>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 14:06:00 -0700

Dan wrote:

><SNIP>   ... Babbage, Turing, Shannon, and many

> others did just fine. I now see the problems they solved, resolved in
> the worst possible ways with the state of the art tools and
> computational models. <SNIP>

OK, I'll bite. What exactly can I learn (or re-learn) from Babbage? What exactly does "doing just fine" mean with regard to Babbage when he signally failed to build either one of his machines?

Or is this just a variation of the lament for the lost *Truely* Relational DBMS? Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 16:06:00 CDT