Re: Bob's 'Self-aggrandizing ignorant' Count: Was: What databases have taught me

From: George <george99may_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2006 22:26:25 -0700

Keith H Duggar wrote:
> george99may_at_gmail.com wrote:
> > Keith, I can't believe you're talking about "mature and
> > considerate"
>
> What you believe about me is entirely irrelevant and surely
> uninteresting to everyone reading this. Furthermore, that
> phrase is trivial and contains almost no substance.

But it was your phrase not mine.

> > Bob has insulted more people in these forums than just
> > about everyone else put together
>
> *sigh* Ye old two wrongs crap. Bob and Andrew are different
> people. If Andrew views Bob as behaving badly and decides to
> retaliate by behaving badly himself, that is immature. In
> addition, even when Bob does insult people his posts /still/
> contain cogent content even if you or others are unable to
> maintain enough mental focus to comprehend it. In contrast,
> the Andrew posts I was responding to were entirely vacuous.

Bob's posts contain substance, yep, and pigs fly too.

> > then you and that other great suck-up Marshall constantly
> > praise him for it. You go out of your way to say so,
>
> I do not recall ever /praising/ Bob for insulting people. I
> think it's even more unlikely that Marshall ever /praised/
> him for insulting someone. I have at times discussed the
> possible motivations for and the effects (both beneficial
> and detrimental) of insulting someone. But /praise/? Why
> are you libeling me this way?

Why don't you re-read the following post of yours, I thought the most apt description of it and others like it was "praise" (for Bob) but hey if you prefer another word please let it be known.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.theory/browse_frm/thread/7e3e1931a8454d40/f9a60f38fa93bf51?lnk=st&q=&rnum=97#f9a60f38fa93bf51

> > yet if anyone has a mild rib at him you come running to
> > the brute's defense!
>
> What the hell are you talking about? I wasn't defending Bob.
> I was pointing out to Andrew that his posts were worthless
> and vacuous. And I don't give a shit who insults who as long
> as they do so while providing /substantive content/.

Yeah, ok and consider my sample link as provision of substance.

> > Wow, what kind of a brainless moron are you? Are you sane?
> > Is Bob your cult leader or something? Or are you guys the
> > only ones with a license to insult?
>
> Obviously you feel you have license to insult me. That makes
> your final question rather stupid don't you think? But, yes;
> We are the only ones with license to insult and we are the
> only licensing authority. You insulted me without license,
> so consider your license to insult revoked for life!

Hey that's almost amusing. But if it's good enough for you, Bob, Marshall, Alfredo ... it's good enough for me.

> -- Keith -- Fraud 6

Keith next time you give whole hearted support to a brute don't be so surprised if people paint you with the same brush. Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 07:26:25 CEST

Original text of this message