Re: What databases have taught me

From: J M Davitt <jdavitt_at_aeneas.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 02:59:18 GMT

Robert Martin wrote:
> On 2006-06-22 20:34:48 -0500, "JOG" <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk> said:
>

>> OO is hierarchy.

> I disagree. We learned that OO was not hiearchy in the early 90s. OO
> is dynamic polymorpism directed towards the purpose of managing
> dependencies.

Dynamic polymorphism? What's that?

I'm familiar with operations defined over more than one type of operand and with different operations having the same operator - but I don't know what you mean when you say "dynamic."

And please explain "directed towards the purpose of managing dependencies." Received on Fri Jun 23 2006 - 21:59:18 CDT