Re: What databases have taught me

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2006 18:59:27 -0700

Keith H Duggar wrote:

> Does it even make sense to talk about a relational language
> compiler that does not link to a full-blown DBMS?

Yes, absolutely! In fact, I would expect an idea language would include an RDBMS in the library, and also include ways to connect to various of the big industrial strength ones. In fact, if you get the physical independence right, you ought not have to edit your program to switch back and forth; only startup options would change.

Marshall Received on Fri Jun 23 2006 - 20:59:27 CDT