Re: What databases have taught me

From: Keith H Duggar <duggar_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 23 Jun 2006 16:28:25 -0700

Marshall wrote:
> What I *dream* of, though, is a language that will have
> built-in, both the functional facilities of a languages
> like SML and the relational algebra, together. Since no
> one seems to be working on this, I'm toying with it
> myself.

Interesting. Since you still use Java have you taken a look at Rel?

http://dbappbuilder.sourceforge.net/Rel.html

What are you thoughts on it? Also it seems there is some C# effort/future of incorporating some relational operators directly into the language:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/javaben/archive/2005/09/c_30_relational.html

What are your thoughts on this? Have much progress have you made in your toy language?

Do you know of any good Java or C++ libraries that simply provide relation classes etc along with a relational library?