Re: What databases have taught me

From: Keith H Duggar <>
Date: 22 Jun 2006 21:12:03 -0700

Neo wrote:
> > > OO is hierarchy.
> >
> > ... What would one have to demonstrate to show that ...
> When you say "OO is hierarchy", I can't grasp what you are
> trying to saying ... The statement seems confusing as it
> is similar to saying "Fruit is sugar".

Relax Neo, your world is safe. You can continue using OO for as long as you like :-)

Anyhow, I think what JOG had in mind is that hierarchal methods are often used to /define implementations/ of OO. For example inheritance and composition.

Thus the /static/ structures of OO designs are often hierarchal. The /dynamic/ structure of OO programs can more generally be a network.

  • Keith -- Fraud 6