Re: OT fallacies

From: Keith H Duggar <duggar_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 22 Jun 2006 20:39:51 -0700

Michael Gaab wrote:
> Keith H Duggar wrote:
> [snip detailed explanation of the etymology
> and meaning of the phrase "ad hominem"]

[snip examples of those who misunderstand the phrase "ad hominem"]

Is your point that many people do not understand the origin and meaning of "ad hominem"? Or that ignorant masses are trying to redefine the phrase some three hundred years after it was coined? If so that has been clearly demonstrated in this thread and elsewhere many times over. For example, Michelle Malkin kept repeating "ad hominem" on O'Reilly some days ago when she was actually talking about an "insult".

Or were you trying to make some feeble appeal to authority by citing some etext and a website that references a quote from 1995? LOL. Sorry, Kahane is about 300 years too late.

Look, my analysis was thorough and detailed. If you object to any of the reasoning I gave, then please present your arguments. Otherwise, just learn to use the phrase properly. It will help you to recognize fallacious arguments and to avoid confusing arguments with insults.

  • Keith -- Fraud 6