Re: What databases have taught me

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2006 20:34:17 -0700

> > OO is hierarchy.
>
> Some simple questions. What would one have to demonstrate to show that
> OO is not hierarchal. Would it be OK to assume that a thing (any thing)
> is an object or do you have more specific requirements?

When you say "OO is hierarchy", I can't grasp what you are trying to saying. For example, things in the real world typically form networks. In special cases, things in the real world might be structured as lists, trees, tables, etc. Or a portion of a network might be viewed as a list, tree, table, etc. The statement seems confusing as it is similar to saying "Fruit is sugar". Received on Thu Jun 22 2006 - 22:34:17 CDT