Re: model inherited object

From: <deja_at_2bytes.co.uk>
Date: 21 Jun 2006 13:59:12 -0700

> Wrong; you need a (start_time, end_time) pair for a temporal fact.
> When the fact is not a completed event yet, use NULL for the end_time.
> This has to be in one database to work.

but can there be more than one null end date for a particular location? Because in what-if modelling my 2007 change does not complete my 2005 location.

> Procedures that build a new row with the proper time stamps, the
> changes and the "un-changes" in it.

Aaahh = but how do you record the "unchange" and then when I want a view of a location at a certain date, won't I have to do a massively complex select, maybe trying to analyze many "history" rows of the same location to see the correct values for all attributes?

Phil