Re: Example of expression bias?

From: Erwin <e.smout_at_myonline.be>
Date: 21 Jun 2006 06:29:47 -0700

> I have, and it says nothing specific about any individual types, other
> than using them as examples. If you can find a place where the RM
> refers to specific types in defining relational operators, I'd like to
> see you quote it.
>
> - Eric

There is one individual type that *IS* prerequisite to the definition of RM and/or Relational Algebra, and that's type boolean. Without boolean, we cannot express/evaluate equality, and without that, we cannot define JOIN, INTERSECT, MINUS, TCLOSE, the whole damn lot. Received on Wed Jun 21 2006 - 08:29:47 CDT