Re: How to Tell if You Are a Crank

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredono_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2006 13:12:08 -0700

Marshall ha escrito:

> One test would be to go in to a newsgroup on a topic one was
> familiar with. If one is quite shy and doesn't say much, one is
> probably not a crank. But perhaps one posts a lot. Are one's
> ideas greeted with a mix of agreement and disagreement?
> That would be normal. Are one's ideas greeted with universal
> derision? Does one then hypothesize that all the posters there
> are in cahoots against you? That would be a sign that one was
> a crank.

It depends on the percentage of cranks in the group.

Write in borland.public.*.oodesign and you will think that you are a crank :)

comp.object is not far from that. Specially after Mikito leaved it.

BTW Cimode is the biggest crank I have seen on the newsgroups.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Tue Jun 20 2006 - 22:12:08 CEST

Original text of this message