From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:32:36 -0400

On 2006-06-02 13:41:28 -0400, "erk" <eric.kaun_at_gmail.com> said:

> In what sense are the "objects" returned by various SQL interfaces
> "lower" than the surrounding language? It's at least comparing apples
> and oranges, and at most inverting the true relationship, to claim that
> the host language is "higher level" simply because it's invoking the
> services of the DBMS.

I don't care what sense you give to higher and lower. I simply put the DB on the bottom and the App on the top. Please feel free to invert the diagram if that makes you feel better.

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com