From: Robert Martin <>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:32:36 -0400

On 2006-06-02 13:41:28 -0400, "erk" <> said:

> In what sense are the "objects" returned by various SQL interfaces
> "lower" than the surrounding language? It's at least comparing apples
> and oranges, and at most inverting the true relationship, to claim that
> the host language is "higher level" simply because it's invoking the
> services of the DBMS.

I don't care what sense you give to higher and lower. I simply put the DB on the bottom and the App on the top. Please feel free to invert the diagram if that makes you feel better.

Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email:
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:
The Agile Transition Experts  | web:
800-338-6716                  |