From: Robert Martin <>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:46:38 -0400

On 2006-06-08 09:19:21 -0400, "Erwin" <> said:

> You seem to be obviously ignorant of the fact that duplicate "rows" (as
> you call them) are indeed very much ruled out by the relational model.

I am familiar with CNF3 (and maybe I could remember 4) but am struggling with the fact that I distinctly remember being able to add duplicate rows to a table. Perhaps the DBMS was just flawed, or perhaps some DBMSs allow this, or perhaps my memory is just fouled up and the schema had some kind of instance-id in it.

Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email:
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:
The Agile Transition Experts  | web:
800-338-6716                  |