Re: Example of expression bias?

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2006 06:01:12 -0700

Tony D wrote:
> Cimode wrote:
> > I meant nothingness.
> >

> Then be more careful with your method of expression. But your method of
> expression is quite obviously the least of your problems ...
I may do sometimes a typo but so are you...I have some excuse to speak a foreign language.

> > Usefulness does not determine soundness.
>
> And quite obviously, you haven't bothered to read anything about the
> lambda calculus; it pre-dates electronic computers and programming as
> it is currently known. It is a formalism for describing and discussing
> computable functions. It is provable (and was, as part of the
> Church-Turing Thesis - look it up) that any computable function can be
> described in terms of the lambda calculus. If you still need a proof of
> soundness, disengage your bile ducts and start doing some reading.
You defined relevance of FP by its usefulness. I simply responded that soundness is not determined by usefulness... I do not have time to do reading on FP. The little I have been exposed to was sufficient to consider it irrelevant to data management issue. All the nonsense you produce about data management concepts do not encourage me any more...

> > It is not because FP or OO
> > mechanisms can be helpful at implementation that they represent a sound
> > fundation to build on...Implementations should be determined according
> > to sound logical fundation.
>
> And as I've told you on a few occasions now, there is no sounder basis
> than the lambda calculus for describing and reasoning about computable
> functions.
Good. All I wrote to describe what is a sound implementation model was totally useless.
The predicate is
Mathematical expression 1(is implemented as) Logical Model for data management1 (is implemented as) Implementation Computational Model1...For RM, it comes to
Mathematical Relations(is implemented as) RM (is implemented as) TRM? (Last one not confirmed)...

What is the occurence of predicate you state to give me any interest in FP.

> > In data management RM is pure succesfully
> > applied mathematics. Only indepth comprehension of RM concepts can
> > allow to evaluate validity of a possible implementation model.
>
> You have gone off the deep end now. Sadly, you're not even in the
> correct swimming pool.
Huh? What the hell are you talking about...?

> > FP or OO are not even models they are mechanisms...I do not see how a
> > mechanism can be succeful in anything if it does not rely from an
> > implementation model, which itself derives from RM... The rest is
> > repetition...
> >

> Yes, you are very repetitious, both in your language and your ability
> to completely miss the point. Would you care to go back and read where
> this started from (that is: a question about where Erwin could find out
> about higher order functions) ?
So what is your point? I will not get back to higher order functions. relations are sufficient to describe more simply the concepts refered to as higher order functions...

> > If I have stated that FP is irrelevant it is because I have already
> > discussed and wasted time with it...
>
> It's only irrelevant and a waste of time because you have grabbed the
> wrong end of the stick and are shaking it with vigour.
I am not shaking anything except your delluded brain...To encourage get significant education about RM which has been proven sufficient to abord the problem of formal representation of information in mechanized systems...

> > No sound logical model has been
> > defined for *undecideability* computing (while at it while not evoque
> > quantic computing!) and even if there was one it would not be relevant
> > to data management. Only RM has been defined specifically in such
> > direction.
> >

> The mention of undecideability was with regard to one of the
> fundamental issues of computability theory. Maybe if you'd bothered
> reading rather jumping off the deep end you would have known that.
undecideability relies on a concept that is totally off scope for data management issues...
Don't you get it?

> > The reason why you still advocate such nonsense is because you do not
> > understand sufficiently the difference between SQL and RM.
> > Understanding better RM can only help you make sense of what I am
> > stating.
> >

> What on *earth* has SQL got to do with this ? You have now wandered off
> into total irrelevance.
As a lot of people, you probably perceive RM through misinformed SQL audiences who have limited the relevance of RM theory.

> > Should read...
> > Somebody who believes that programming which is an implementation could
> > define a computing abstract foundation such as RM is simply delluding
> > himself.

> If this means what I think it means (and it's a stretch), then it would
> be both correct and irrelevant to the topic under discussion.

It is perfectly (fill the predicate proposition and you will understand hopefully the chain of reasoning) Received on Tue Jun 20 2006 - 15:01:12 CEST

Original text of this message