Re: Fraud Number 3: U-Gene

From: Tony D <tonyisyourpal_at_netscape.net>
Date: 20 Jun 2006 05:11:20 -0700

Cimode wrote:
> > But I'm not sure how you could confuse an attribute with a relvar.
> As I stated B4 if their definition are too similar to be clearly
> distinguished..It's an open highway for unexperienced audiences to
> confuse both. This is the last explanation I will give on that
> point...I have already answered above and I will stop reexplaining....

But a variable is time varying; an attribute is, for want of a better word, an attribute of a relation *value*, so it can't change. I simply don't see how this confusion can come about.

> *change* is a verb that leads to confusion in defining the relationship
> between variables and values. *change* supposes a modification of
> state which. I prefer the definition of variable as a *value holder*
> which give a much more clearer indication .

I don't see that. Values never change. Which value is indicated by a variable can.

> You are confusing domain and type...

I'm not confusing them; I'm saying that I don't see a need for the separation between them that you're describing. Can you say why you would separate them in such a way ? Received on Tue Jun 20 2006 - 14:11:20 CEST

Original text of this message