Re: Example of expression bias?

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2006 01:34:09 -0700

The time PAC-MAN eater has striken again with his nothingless crab mind...

This is a database and data management theory NG...I have heard this kind of BS argumentation about LISP about a zillion times...If you believe that LISP or other BS functional buzz word, have a foundation in *lambda calculus* and could be useful, you have to specify in what area computing it could be relevant: logical implementation? physical implementation... Then you have to establish how *lambda calculus* could be a better abstract foundation for implementation than some other area of mathematics....
You did not do any of this and neither did Marshall...

>From what I observed, developpers and programmers keep struggling in
search of the ultimate implementations but most of the time, they end trying to redefine RM by implementation layer...

Somebody who truly believes that a programming that's an implementation could define a computing abstract foundation such as RM is just simply delluding himself...