Re: Example of expression bias?

From: Tony D <tonyisyourpal_at_netscape.net>
Date: 20 Jun 2006 00:50:59 -0700

Neo wrote:

> Is it possible to create a database on Lamda Calculus?

Since any computable expression can be written in the lambda calculus, then theoretically yes. You probably wouldn't want to; you would probably attempt it using one of the syntactically sugared implementations of the typed lambda calculus.

> Does one exist?

Whilst it's difficult to be absolutely certain, I think 'no' is a reasonably safe answer. I'd be very happy to be proved wrong in this.

> In what significant way would it be different than current RMDBs? Would
> its interface language automatically be LISP-like instead of SQL-like?

Not necessarily. Received on Tue Jun 20 2006 - 09:50:59 CEST

Original text of this message