Re: Fraud Number 4 Kenneth Downs

From: Cimode <>
Date: 19 Jun 2006 02:44:55 -0700

Erwin wrote:
> What should application builders do ?
> Stop building and refuse to resume building until that perfect TRDBMS
> comes along ?
Nope...They of course, do not have to stop. They are just making a living and so do I.

Application programmers have sufficient challenges they do not sufficiently adress in applicative layer to worry about a data management layer (regulated by complex rules for preserving data integrity).

I rather perceive them as victims of a system of thought that produces nothing but ignorance of science fundamentals of data management and enraged ignorants. I expose in the threads that carry their name under the form of the nonsense of their I will quote.

> Or try to make the best of it using what crippled means and tools they
> do have ?
*Making the best out of it* is a honorable thought of working men...(I know I am one of them)...

To be able to make the best out of a limited technology such as SQL, one must know its limitations to be sure they are never reached. To do that one must understand fundamental data management of RM as a reference of performance for day to day operation on SQL systems. But SQL Systems should never be a reference to try to define RM... Received on Mon Jun 19 2006 - 11:44:55 CEST

Original text of this message