Re: Fraud Number 6: Keith H Duggar

From: Keith H Duggar <duggar_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 18 Jun 2006 23:44:23 -0700

Pickie wrote:
> But Keith, he made you number six! That means you take
> over the Patrick McGoohan role! You're famous man!

Hehe ... yeah cool. My 15 minutes. I like the number 6. Seems like an important number. 12 is cool too. Sometimes I amuse myself by dreaming of us using base-6 or base-12 instead of base-10. And hexagons man, how cool are they? Especially for tile based games.

> PS. Is there more oxygen than anything else in glass?
> Just wondered. Idle thought, but perhaps better than the
> six threads of splenetic venting.

Depends on composition and how you define "more", either by number or by mass. If by number then glass is usually 60% to 67% oxygen atoms. If by number then glass usually ranges between 45% to 55% oxygen (oxygen being lighter than the metals usually involved). So yeah it's pretty much at least half oxygen. Kinda cool that when you look at glass you are looking at a kind of crystallized oxygen.

Water is fascinating to me. Starring at oceans of liquid oxygen and hydrogen, I can't help but feel some mystical connection with the substance. So important it is to our past, present, and future.

I once saw clouds of carbon dioxide raining down drops of carbon dioxide upon carbon dioxide bergs afloat in a carbon dioxide sea. That was a strange sight indeed.