OT: filters

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 23:52:06 GMT

first time i've been motivated to try this. just in case somebody else finds it saves them time, here's what i did:

(i'm using mozilla thunderbird, a fairly recent version, to read this
group.)

  1. Click Tools->Message Filters. (A window pops up mentioning Filters: comp.databases.theory)
  2. Click the button called "New" and another window pops up mentioning "Subject" and "contains".
  3. In the drop-down list below, change "Subject" to "From" and beside the "contains" drop-down entry, enter "cimode" and click the OK button.

(in the last step, it seems one can also choose to have such messages
dumped in one's trash folder.)

in the absence of a thunderbird option to eradicate messages that are in complete ignoramus mode, completely idiotic mode, completely insulting mode and suchlike, i'm hoping this will save me some time.

ps: i like deterministic words, so i can't go along with calling this a plonk file method, as plonk means something much more important to me, ala the Pomeroy's that Rumpole of the Bailey enjoyed so much. Received on Sat Jun 17 2006 - 18:52:06 CDT