Fraud Number 4 Kenneth Downs

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2006 13:26:09 -0700

This one is too easy...I will propose it for debunkning quote of the week...

BEGIN

//Kenneth Downs//
You don't have to worry all that much about what the relational model allows
or doesn't allow. As anybody here can tell you, there are no pure relational databases in the Real World.

(--> to make short: don't bother with fundamental knowledge because it
is not currently implemented...)

(--> He goes further stating that SQL is the quasi relational....LOL
LOL LOL) What we have is quasi-relational table-based systems that in fact can handle
processes very well.

//Me//
(Curious I asked him...)

I am puzzled by this
statement...Everything in my experience teaches me that the current SQL

implementation have recurring problems because they actuall y do not support correctly relational concepts...

(I spare you the rest of his idiotic, it makes my knee hurt!!!)
Just a quote for my favorite...
//
So sure, the RM can't do it, but who cares? Table-centric systems can.