Re: OT: Troll vs. Crank

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:54:38 GMT

"Aloha Kakuikanu" <aloha.kakuikanu_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1150493495.088527.281490_at_r2g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

> As Raghu Ramakrishnan put it nicely in the latest issue, don't belittle
> work (good or bad) of the others. It would take up all your time.

Excellent point, Aloha!

Adding on....

What value I get out of c.d.t. is due, at least in part, to the surprise value of the messages. Some of the crankiest messages have a lot of surprise value (at first). If the same crank keeps cranking out the same cranky idea over and over, after a while the novelty value fades.

I could read more carefully controlled writings, but the surprise value would tend to be lower. Received on Sat Jun 17 2006 - 15:54:38 CEST

Original text of this message