Oracle FAQ Your Portal to the Oracle Knowledge Grid
HOME | ASK QUESTION | ADD INFO | SEARCH | E-MAIL US
 

Home -> Community -> Usenet -> comp.databases.theory -> Re: To Bob Badour, sorry

Re: To Bob Badour, sorry

From: Tony D <tonyisyourpal_at_netscape.net>
Date: 17 Jun 2006 06:17:15 -0700
Message-ID: <1150550235.832041.255020@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>

Cimode wrote:
> Tony D wrote:
> > Cimode wrote:
> > > No. My observation of simple facts. I have proved by subjecting clear
> > > proofs that some people had totally incoherent behaviors, claiming one
> > > thing doing something opposite...I brought obvious examples and
> > > questions about RAM memory to a so called knowledgeable audience who
> > > chose to ignore the issues diqualifying them as nonsense and insulting
> > > me.
> > >
> >
> > At last ! The crux of the issue ! Bob (and/or others possibly) burned
> > you off when you brought along a question of possibly dubious
> > relevance, and now you're throwing a hissy fit. Boo hoo.
> You base your statement on BELIEF rather than REASON... You have not
> even read the thread...
>

No, I based my statement to two things :

  1. The last part of the last sentence in the paragraph quoted: namely, "I brought obvious examples and questions about RAM memory to a so called knowledgeable audience who chose to ignore the issues diqualifying (sic) them as nonsense and insulting me." (hence clause 1 : "Bob (and/or others possibly) burned you off when you brought along a question of possibly dubious relevance,")
  2. The manner in which you have chosen to present yourself in your posts in this thread (hence clause 2 : "and now you're throwing a hissy fit.")

Would you care to detail where BELIEF came into that, rather than REASON ?
> > > You are just too buried in BS to see it...
> > >
> >
> > Nope, no BS around here. Or was that metaphorical ? Rhetorical, maybe ?
> >
> > > >From what I heard from some ignorants about mathematics and its
> > > supposed application to RM just makes me think this NG is full of
> > > crappola who really are delluding themselves...Even worse, they have a
> > > contemptuous self congratulating attitude and hyppocrisy that sickens
> > > me...Thanks god a few have had the spirit into bringing some fresh
> > > ideas into this space...
> >
> > Another fine example of the kind of well reasoned, mannered,
> > sophisticated debate you'd like to introduce, presumably.
> It is an simple observation of facts and interaction with some people
> among which BB...
> I do not insult people,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>I do not run away when they adress or challenge
> me...

No, you stick around and insult them a bit more.

>I may just say I am wrong WHEN somebody proves me wrong...I just
> get sick of contemptuous attitude...
>

Whilst displaying plenty of it yourself.

> > > Who are the others? Infatuated idiots who don't have a clue of the
> > > concepts they try to handle...
> > >
> >
> > The toys are flying out of the pram now... FWIW, I'm not infatuated
> > with Bob. Hell, he hasn't even taken me out for dinner, never mind a
> > proper date or anything.
> I am talking about intellectual infatuation Duhhh...You truly are
> convinced he is a knowldegeable source of information while he lacks 2
> fundamental qualities for that: coherence in his acts and statement and
> fundamental education about mathematics to understand better RM....
>

Can I assume you aren't a native English speaker ? That was a pretty obvious joke. Maybe not a good one, but an obvious joke all the same. Maybe I should have :-))) it for you. So far, Bob hasn't said much I disagree with about RM specifically. ISTR agreeing to disagree a while ago about the relative merits of D&D's type system and the Milner type system though.

> ...When was the last time you have heard from BB that he was totally
> wrong when challenged and proven wrong or off topic? Of ourse you
> can't recall, your ears are filled up with SQL crappola...
>

Why would my ears be filled with "SQL crappola" ? Read some of my previous posts for what I think of SQL, if you can be bothered.

> I used a sect as an analogy to compare the behavior and exchanging
> style with some people. I observed, read responses and draw
> conclusions...That's all there's to it...
>
> I have never had any experience with sects..For your knowledge I am
> agnostic.
>

That's nice for you, I'm sure.

> > I think your spleen got the better of you there, because that paragraph
> > just degenerated into gibberish to me. Not that it had much
> > degeneration to do, mind.
> Yeah easy to disqualify people using concepts such as *spleen*...I bet
> you don't even know the meaning of this term...How practical...

Maybe you should take a trip to dictionary.com, move past the medical descriptions of a spleen, and then decide whether "ill temper" or "feelings of resentful anger" don't actually describe your method of self-expression rather well. I have no idea whether you are actually in a splenetic rage or not, but the way in which you express yourself suggests that you are. Received on Sat Jun 17 2006 - 08:17:15 CDT

Original text of this message

HOME | ASK QUESTION | ADD INFO | SEARCH | E-MAIL US