From: Patrick May <pjm_at_spe.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:30:06 +0100

"topmind" <topmind_at_technologist.com> writes:
> To be fair, I think R. Martin tends to focus on industries where
> reliability and testability are more important than being nimble.

     That would explain why he wrote "Agile Software Development, Principles, Patterns, and Practices" and, with James Newkirk, "Extreme Programming in Practice" along with numerous articles on agile software development.

     Testability is a requirement for being nimble and reliable; the concepts do not conflict.

Sincerely,

Patrick

S P Engineering, Inc. | The experts in large scale distributed OO
                       | systems design and implementation.
          pjm_at_spe.com  | (C++, Java, Common Lisp, Jini, middleware, SOA)