Re: Results in Parallel columns

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:48:30 GMT

"-CELKO-" <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1150461848.317049.187630_at_g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> >> I speculate that "FUBAR" at some point became "foo bar", and then
"foo". By the time I first heard it, none of us, to my knowledge, had ever hear "FUBAR". <<

> Ed Yourodn used to use Foo and Bar for names in his early work on
> Structured Analysis and Design. I believe he had gotten it from MIT.

And, of course, if you use "Foo" and "Bar", the third item should be "blech". From Building 26, the slang quickly migrated to tech square, project MAC.

There, "moby" and "mumble" were added to the jargon, but that's just the beginning.

Here's a pointer to a more complete treatement of MAC hacker slang....

http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/projects/info/jarg310.info Received on Fri Jun 16 2006 - 19:48:30 CEST

Original text of this message