Re: Little question for RDM theoristes

From: Erwin <e.smout_at_myonline.be>
Date: 16 Jun 2006 05:41:50 -0700

> Your question implies relations = relvalues...which if I follow this
> false premise reasonning would lead to relations that have similar
> relvalues being equal which is totally false...2 relvar with same
> relvalues are NOT necessarily equal.

TTM Chapter 4, RM prescription 10 :

"A relation value (relation for short) ..."

Therefore at least to Chris Date, 'relations=relvalues' is most certainly true. I'd say that's a strong indication of just how much "false premise" there is within.

> This question is totally irrelevant if you consider a relation as being
> equal to a relvalue...

This question is not irrelevant at all since the heading is regarded as the definition of the applicable relation type. And for values to be equal, they must most certainly be of the exact same type, inheritance issues notwithstanding of course. Received on Fri Jun 16 2006 - 07:41:50 CDT