Re: To Bob Badour, sorry

From: Tony D <tonyisyourpal_at_netscape.net>
Date: 15 Jun 2006 15:02:18 -0700

Cimode wrote:
> What an empty accusation...I have observed this board for several weeks
> no and I saw BB's behavior I have tasted myself...Either people are
> infatuated with this guy or they just think he's sick.

Thank you for taking the time to conduct a thorough, in-depth analysis of the motivations, views, thoughts and opinions of those who post in this group. Not.

> A lot of what?
> A lot of BS....From what I observed he brings mainly disrespect,
> insults and close mindedness...His attitude makes this board a sterile
> field of eternal "OO VS RM people"
> and "you are saying nonsense"

Sometimes, you just have to call a spade a spade. Sometimes admittedly Bob will call it a bloody spade, and get rather exasperated that someone still hasn't grasped the concept of "spadeness" and wants to talk lots and lots about how they want to rename shovels as spades and can't see what the problem with that is and hey I've been successful with projects by using shovels and calling them spades and I've been earning decent money since nineteen-canteen using shovels as spades and the difference between a shovel and a spade is only of interest to those theory guys and ... and .. and ...

> I have confronted him with simple arguments he did not even
> understand...I had to reexplain a thousand times to receive insults...

Maybe he understood them better than you think ?

> If you advocate "jumping on people" is the best way to handle KOTM
> people, you are delluding yourself...
> KOTM have a life...All you gain from *jumping on them* is either *rough
> charm infatuation* or *disgust*...Neither infatuation nor *disgust*
> help people exchange ideas in a productive..

It entirely depends on the method of engagement. If someone turns up asking an honest question, looking for honest answers, they generally get them. If someone turns up asking leading questions or pushing an opinion or pursuing an agenda whilst simultaneously repeating over and over that they're just asking questions and would like to understand, well they can expect to get called on that. Reasonably enough. And if it goes on over an extended period, anyone's patience wears out.

Even though his phraseology may occasionally make me wince, I view many of Bob's postings with a "he says these things so we don't have to" outlook.

> Stupid questions trigger stupid responses...

And I'll say that again :

And in the context of this whole stream of postings, I'll say it again :