Re: Possible bridges between OO programming proponents and relational model

From: Jay Dee <ais01479_at_aeneas.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:07:04 GMT

Cimode wrote:
> I know BB won't probably read this thread as he probably used his
> magical *twit filter* to discard my post but I want to point out
> the issue of his misunderstanding and bad faith on this thread.
>
> The object of the argument was that I considered physical
> representation of SQL table on all current implementation as purely
> bidimensional or tridimensional depending on the adressing scheme used
> at physical level of RAM implementation. Mister BB has advocated
> the opposite stating that physical implementation are multidimensional
> and that stated that RAM adresses are linear.

Dimension, when discussing databases and memory, is two different words.

Suggesting that the memory model of the machine on which a system is implemented affects the arity of the data in a database indicates confusion of the different meanings the word has. Received on Thu Jun 15 2006 - 14:07:04 CEST

Original text of this message