Re: Results in Parallel columns

From: Erwin <>
Date: 15 Jun 2006 03:32:23 -0700

> Please show us some non parallel columns.

I think it was pretty obvious he/she meant "distinct columns" or something of that nature.

> What kind of rows ? Parallel or not ?

I wouldn't know about parallel, but I think 'horizontal' might be a fair guess.

> By asking the DBMS to do it.

I also think it's pretty obvious that this is a *practical* question that might possibly better be posted elsewhere instead of in .THEORY. And I also think that your way of trying to make that clear is a bit more cryptographical than mine.

Furthermore, the problem is actually underspecified. It does not say whether or not both result sets are guaranteed to have the same number of rows. It does not say whether the leftmost columns of both result sets (the ones that contain 1, 2 and 3 in the example) are in fact part of the result, or whether they are displayed in the post only for clarification purposes. etc. etc.

Someone in this forum sometimes makes statements about anyone who pretends to have answers to these kinds of question. Received on Thu Jun 15 2006 - 12:32:23 CEST

Original text of this message