Re: Foreign key problem

From: Erwin <e.smout_at_myonline.be>
Date: 15 Jun 2006 01:02:04 -0700

-CELKO- wrote:
> >> I am working on an application which need a data model that reflects
> the schema structure. <<
>
> Why are you mixing data and meta-data in a schema? That is considered
> one of the worst programming practices in RDBMS.

Maybe because he's writing a truly relational dbms ??? Maybe because he's writing a database design tool, and he therefore wants to be able to define only a table and its columns, without being forced to immediately provide physical storage details (which SQL engines usually don't allow you to do) ??? Received on Thu Jun 15 2006 - 10:02:04 CEST

Original text of this message