From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredono_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2006 08:40:21 -0700

erk ha escrito:

> You've completely inverted the meaning here. Complexity is what
> higher-level tools and languages should eliminate, so that each user
> isn't forced to tackle the complexity (in various ways).

This is his standard behavior.

> And yet we have this quote attributed to him: "Object-oriented
> programming is an exceptionally bad idea which could only have
> originated in California." It might not be him, but I'll take his
> non-interest in O-O as evidence of his regard for it.

But this is certainly from him:

I don't think object-oriented programming is a structuring paradigm that meets my standards of elegance

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/transcriptions/EWD12xx/EWD1284.html

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Tue Jun 13 2006 - 17:40:21 CEST

Original text of this message