From: <frebe73_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2006 08:55:22 -0700

> On the other hand it would be a rare system whose schema did not change
> from time to time. When that happens, it would be nice if the
> application programs were partitioned into changeable part, and
> invariant parts.

Both schema and application changes all the time (called versions). But as long as you can not produce one single resonable example of a schema change that will not change any part of the application outside the "persistence" layer, it is a little bit difficult to understand why I should partion my application from the SQL statements.

Fredrik Bertilsson
http://moonbird.sourceforge.net Received on Tue Jun 13 2006 - 10:55:22 CDT