Re: Is SQL procedural or non-procedural?

From: x <x_at_not-exists.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:00:46 +0300

<kumar.vaibhav.jain_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150007463.958382.299160_at_m38g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,

> I am confused on this issue that wether SQL is procedural or non
> procedural. What are your views on this issue?

That depends on what you call SQL and procedural. My definition: a procedural language is a language that allow procedures.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_programming_language http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subroutine

http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~warren/xsbbook/node4.html http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~warren/xsbbook/node2.html Received on Mon Jun 12 2006 - 07:00:46 CDT