Re: data management

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 23:53:29 GMT

Sasa wrote:

> mAsterdam wrote:
>

>> Beyond that (I think I already said that) IBM
>> abandoned the SAA (Standard Application Architecture)
>> initiative because it was to complex a mission.

> You said it already. I didn't ask you to defined a standard general
> rule. I asked you to provide example. Can you construct simple example
> where the database does qualify as more than storage, and provide some
> argumentation why?
>
> I'm aware that it might be time consuming, so I don't mind if you choose
> not to do it.

Any database has integrity requirements. Any database has manipulation requirements. Any database must support multiple applications. Any database that uses a database management system to enforce integrity, to provide manipulation and to support multiple applications is a fine and simple example.

Only your own ignorance keeps you from seeing the obvious. I suggest you educate yourself in the basics of your profession. Received on Tue Jun 06 2006 - 01:53:29 CEST

Original text of this message