Re: OT fallacies

From: Patrick May <pjm_at_spe.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:39:47 +0100

mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> writes:
> > I did not find him backing up his claims regarding
> > Mr. Martin's "foolishness". Can you or can you not point out a
> > specific example of him doing so?
>
> > Robert Martin ha escrito:
> > Ridiculous. OO and RDB coexist very nicely together. I've never
> > heard anyone suggest that searches aren't needed.
>
> Relational databases have nothing to do with searches. This shows
> profound ignorance about data management theory.

     For the record, Mr. Martin was responding to the following:

> Many OO evangelists claim that searches are not needed in well
> design OO applications. You have to redesign your application to
> avoid the scenario above. Obviously reporting, etc, should not be
> done using OOA/D.

In this context, neither of Mr. Martin's statements are prima facie foolish. More importantly, Mr. Novoa's response does not demonstrate any foolishness on Mr. Martin's part.

     If this is the best excerpt you can find, it does not appear that you can support your case that Mr. Novoa supported his claims of foolishness on the part of Mr. Martin.

Sincerely,

Patrick

S P Engineering, Inc. | The experts in large scale distributed OO
                       | systems design and implementation.
          pjm_at_spe.com  | (C++, Java, Common Lisp, Jini, middleware, SOA)