Re: Operationalize orthogonality

From: x <>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:39:34 +0300

"Tony D" <> wrote in message
> x wrote:
> > How complicated! It would not be easyer to follow Mr. Codd advice ?
> > Domains, not types.

> And the difference between a domain and a type is what ? Precisely ?
The "standard" answer would be "educate yourself". :-) I don't know how "precisely" you want me to be. I would say that my current understanding of this (because I have not yet read Codd's 1990 book - which I strongly recommend because I browsed it) is that domains do not include any kind of operator. What is your opinion ? Received on Mon Jun 05 2006 - 13:39:34 CEST

Original text of this message